Local Development in Guinea
Supporting 2 municipalities to strengthen their local development plans
🗓 03/2021 – 01/2022
Client : Agence Nationale de Financement des Collectivités (ANAFIC) (Guinée)
Financing : World Bank (WB)
- Urban Development
- Managing and Monitoring Technical Assistance Projects and Capacity Building
- Impact Assessments
The Local Governance Support Project (PAGL) is a Guinean government World Bank-funded programme. It is being implemented by ANAFIC and aims to improve the capacity of local authorities to manage public financial resources and mitigate conflict.
PAGL aims to operationalise the National Local Development Fund (FDNL) by providing municipal stakeholders with the tools and capacities required to implement urban projects.
More specifically, the programme aims to provide municipalities with urban planning tools to identify investment in equipment and infrastructure with the potential to enhance the socio-economic development of the country’s cities.
Provided services by Urbaconsulting
The overall aim of the studies is to provide two municipalities in the Guinée Forestière Natural Region with development documents that improve the cities’ residents quality of life and incorporate sustainability principles. More specifically, in each of the target cities, the assignment consists of:
- Conducting urban assessments, including an assessment of the cities’ resilience to the effects of climate change;
- Producing cartographic tools to complete the Local Development Plans (LDP);
- Developing an Indicative Development Plan (IDP) for the municipalities up to 2030;
- Conducting a strategic environmental and social assessment study for the region;
- Developing a Priority Investment Programme (PIP);
- Organising a 3-day workshop to share and validate the study findings.
Would you like to stay informed about our latest news ?
Follow us on LinkedIn !