Technical Assistance in Nigeria
Technical assistance to the Federal Ministry of the Environment to help implement solid and plastic waste management policies
🗓 02/2021 – 06/2022
Client : French Agency for Development (AFD)
Financing : French Development Agency (AFD)
- Managing and Monitoring Technical Assistance Projects and Capacity Building
- Supporting the Introduction and Monitoring of Public Services
- Waste Management
The project aims to:
- Support the Federal Ministry in charge of the sector with implementing the recently approved policies;
- Propose guidelines on all structural stages, in a situation where the private sector is the driving force within the sector;
- Build stakeholder capacities;
- Ensure coherent dialogue between the federal and state governments.
Provided services by Urbaconsulting
- Phase 1: Conducting an institutional and organisational assessment, assisting with the assessments in 3 representative states, supporting the creation of a national sector database.
- Phase 2: Developing a training and workshop plan that focuses on the specific issues identified during phase 1 in order to establish the national roadmap for the sector. The workshops held to discuss this roadmap will focus on the regulation tools required for a sector driven by private stakeholders, the financing options for recycling and waste collection and treatment channels, the energy recovery of waste, and the structuring of plastic waste channels.
- Phase 3: Producing sector governance recommendations, a capacity-building plan, and a funding proposal.
Would you like to stay informed about our latest news ?
Follow us on LinkedIn !